Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Bionic Cowgirl

Or, Mom, as I like to call her, is home from her second total hip arthroplasty.  Fancy words for bionic hip replacement.

She actually looks a whole lot better than anyone who has had Black & Decker power tools rooting around inside her has a right to.  It's hard to believe that just four days ago she was under the saw knife.  She's up and around and I'm pretty sure that her walker is just a prop.  You know, more of that "soft support" that she threatens to use on Bill and Sophie.  She actually takes the stairs from the main level to the dining room level much easier than she did on her non-bionic hips.

All I can say is that if four days post-op she's doing this well, I'm never going to be able to keep up with her.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

That woman puts us all to shame. So glad she's feeling better already!

cheyenne jones said...

I know what this means! My riding pal, he has one new hip, and he`s like a young Gazelle! He`s 74!

Puts me to shame!

Allenspark Lodge said...

Ummm... 3 days, not 4. Kinda scares me.
Bill

WV= asome (yes, she is)

Momma Fargo said...

That Juanita is the strongest woman I know...boy howdy!

Mrs. Mom said...

i wanna be half as tough as your bionic momma when i grow up.

just sayin'...

Allenspark Lodge said...

You guys are ALL as tough as I am. As women, we just do what needs to be done, and go on from there. You all do lots of stuff I wouldn't even consider. So let's all plan a few days of fun together this summer.
Juanita