Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Goosebumps

I just got off the phone with Ida (Estes' Other Mother) and she's already got the mares at CSU.  Looks like they'll be ready for breeding by Friday or Saturday.

Now that the contracts have been signed and I know it's a done deal, I'll share the sire with you.  Allow me to present Gooitzen fan 't Wyldpaed (Apollo).

Photo cred: Excalibur Breeding Center

He's a handsome fella, isn't he?  16.1 hh, so much bigger than Her Highness.  I'll adjust.

Here's a picture of the new baby's full sister, Digger, from 2010.



As I was talking to Ida, we were talking about gestation period and Ida mentioned that Audubon will be due in early July.  It crossed my mind that if the stars align correctly and Audubon goes into labor exactly eleven months after being bred, the baby could be born exactly one year from the day I put Estes down.

Goosebumps, right?

Or, I could have a birthday baby, since my birthday's the middle of July.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

And don't forget about my give-away!

10 comments:

Allenspark Lodge said...

Coolcoolcoolkindacreepycoolcoolcool.

Bill

Rachel said...

No such thing as coincidences... what a blessing this already is - bringing sweet things out of something so hard.

That stallion, is gorgeous. I cannot wait to see your baby!

Mr. Daddy... let's book the Lodge for August, k? :)

Unknown said...

Yeah! That is just awesome. Can't wait to "meet" this sweet baby!

Unknown said...

Yeah! That is just awesome. Can't wait to "meet" this sweet baby!

Shirley said...

Love the daddy! Should be a wonderful foal. We'll be watching and waiting!

Dreaming said...

All I can say is, "Oh man, oh man, oh man, oh man!!!" What a stunning guy.
11 months will be so long to wait to see when the little guy/gal is born!

Jenny said...

Wow, He's Gorgeous! Friesians are just magnificent.

Momma Fargo said...

Most gorgeous horse ever. I am very fond of Friesians. A lady close to me showed them to music with dressage. It was like watching the movie Ladyhawke. Magnificent creatures. And mixed with Estes' bloodline? How could it get more perfect. I would say let the goosebumps begin!

Gail said...

I've owned a Friesian for 10 years, after having bought him as a yearling, and he is a very special animal. Friesian personalities are generally really lovely, and with such beauty, you just can't go wrong! I wish you the best for your soon-to-be new baby!

Achieve1dream said...

I love Friesians! They are my absolute favorite breed. :) I have a four and a half year old Friesian/Arabian named Chrome. I can't wait to see your baby!

I'm new to your blog so I don't know the story behind Estes. I don't see any info on your blog about them without digging back through old posts (no time right now, but I might later). What breed was Estes?