Sunday, April 21, 2013

First Ride of the Year

The snow finally melted for a couple of days and both Estes and I needed to move.  But the mud was gross enough that I didn't want to try to run in it - I was afraid I would have fallen right underneath her.

I had to use a step stool for a mounting block, I was still almost too short.

I think Buck wanted to go too

The green was very tempting for Her Highness
So tempting that she had to walk in the road until she could remember her manners.

The wind picked up and it got a little chilly on the way back.

AFTER the ride, she was allowed to graze.  She looks like she's in Heaven.
It was a very short first ride, but it felt really good.  We've got snow coming in again tomorrow, so it'll be a few days before we can venture out of the pen.

Darn it.

5 comments:

Allenspark Lodge said...

Jell us.

Bill

Dreaming said...

Oh, that wind. Yuck!

Unknown said...

Estes is still really fuzzy! But I guess if you have snow coming still, that's a good thing.

Yay for first rides, best feeling ever!

Rachel said...

Sigh... I kind of crush on your girl.

So glad you got to ride!

Momma Fargo said...

I'm jealous. Blah. No horse here.