Friday, February 5, 2021

First Ride of 2021 (Jan 3, 2021)

 Well, it seems I say this on the rare ocassions that I post, but dang, it's been a while!

I didn't even get our Christmas pictures up. Ugh. Sorry about that.

LE and I have had plans for a while now to ride in the snow. The problem is, when there's snow on the ground it's also cold and I don't like to ride in the cold any more. Last week, I was stranded in Arizona while they had a freak snow storm. It was still warmish, but 20" of beautiful fluffy snow on the ground. Now that's the kind of snow I want to ride in.

But I digress, LE and I finally got to sort-of ride in the snow in January this year. AND... Mom and Beel came down to play as well. When you see the pictures, you'll see that it was only snow riding in the most technical sense. There was (some) snow on the ground and we were riding.

Yes, Skeets, I know. I feel the same way.

Beel slipped at fell at his side hustle a couple of months ago and jacked up his shoulder, so he's on injured reserve. But he came down and hung out with Alloy, and who got to play wrangler horse while Beel adjusted Mom's stirrups.

Alloy's a good supervisor.
Stupid blogger won't let me move this picture. Pretend it's at the end of the post.

We rode around in the back yard for a little bit, before going up the farm road a tiny bit to ride in the "big" field to the east of us.
Alloy bringing up the rear.

LE and Miss Pearl in the 'snow'.



Sorry, all of the pictures are out of order and I can't fix them. Guess that's what I get for not posting in 13 months - I've forgotten a ton.

It was a short ride - only about 20 minutes, but it was still a good way to start the year. Since then, LE and I have been riding when we can. The weather is supposed to be good on Sunday, so I think Mom and Beel are going to come down and ride. I'm supposed to be in class on Sunday, but am awaiting my covid test results. I'm fine, but was exposed and don't want to inadvertently take it to class. If I get my results and they're negative, I'll be in class while everyone else is riding. If I don't get my results, I'll be keeping my distance from everyone, but still going for a ride.

PS, I'm way better about keeping up to date on our FB page. If you'd like to follow us there, click here.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Since I'm not on FB any more, I was happy to see you posting here again!
As far as the pictures go, I learned long ago to only load one photo at a time to make sure they go where I want. Also blogger is doing a weird thing where if I load a You Tube video and then go down a line space to add text after it, it deletes the whole post- then I have to hit the undo button and the way to get around it is to add the text on the same line as the video and then go to the beginning of the text and hit the drop down spacer. Make sense?
I don't mind riding in snow but not when it's stupid cold out!

GunDiva said...

@Shirley, thanks for the tips! I'll keep those in mind. I've missed my blogs, but just couldn't seem to force myself to sit down at the computer after I got home from work. It was just easier to hit a quick upload to the FB page, but I've really missed this.