Sunday, September 15, 2013

Water, Water, Everywhere

My heart is breaking watching all of the livestock that are being flooded out and I was trying to figure out how to help.  I don't have any property, so I can't take any in.  But I *do* have a book for sale, and I *can* donate the proceeds from that book to the people who can help the livestock who are displaced.  So, all proceeds from book sales starting tomorrow, September 15, and running through the end of the month will be donated to local large animal shelters.

Click the book in the sidebar to order.

So, please spread the word far and wide.  Let's help the critters we all love.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so awesome of you! My heart breaks for everyone and every animal out there. Stay safe!

Momma Fargo said...

I seriously had a hard time watching that poor critter in the beginning. The video is heart breaking all the way around. I want to go help the poor things. I will help you pimp out yourself. Tomorrow. I am on it.

Once Upon an Equine said...

I worry about the animals too and feel kind of helpless. As soon as the waters recede and volunteers with trailers can get in, there is going to be an urgent need to get horses and livestock out. Very kind of you to donate book sales to help the effort.

Mrs. Mom said...

Pimpin ya as much as possible. Put on some makeup and heels baby- yer gonna need it ;)

Once Upon an Equine said...

I'm looking forward to reading your book. I just read the Introduction and it sounds great. Juggling several other books right now, but I'll be reading it. You mentioned "Cowboy U" I've not watched the show. Were you involved in it? I spent a week at M Lazy C in August with my mare. I loved it! Going to Grand Lake this week to check out RV/horse camping accommodations at Winding River. I hoping to ride there next year with Debbie Bibb's trail clinic. Hmmm...I wonder if Grand Lake has received flooding. Guess I'd better check.

GunDiva said...

Cowboy U was a TV show on CMT that took a bunch of city slickers and tried to turn them into cowboys. http://www.cmt.com/shows/dyn/cowboy_u/series_about.jhtml

No, I was not a part of it. Unless you count every spring we hired new wranglers and tried to get them trained up.

GunDiva said...

And, Once Upon, I forgot to mention, it was filmed at M Lazy C. So I guess that means you've actually been to Cowboy U.