Saturday, June 2, 2012

Back in the Saddle

And I mean literally.  I'm going to be doing some day riding for Compass at the livery this summer, which requires riding in a saddle.  Wonder how that's going to go after riding bareback for the past few years? Last year, I saddled Estes exactly one time and that was for HCR (which, by the way is coming up the first weekend in August).  Wait...I might have saddled her twice last year.  No matter, the fact is, I haven't had to ride in a saddle in a very, very long time.

Estes isn't ready to lead rides; her hooves still need trimmed and I have to find a saddle that fits her, so I'll be using one of Compass' wrangler horses.  I'm nervous/excited about taking out rides tomorrow - I always worry about all of the things that can go wrong on a ride and can't relax until we're safely back in the yard.  Wish me luck.  Hopefully, the rides will be so uneventful that I won't have anything to write about.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Best of luck! You will do great!

I love that you don't ride Estes in a saddle! I love bareback riding, but since I came off Shy bareback, I am afraid to get back on. At some point I will, we just both need more work.