Friday, October 3, 2014

Tarp Training with Copper

Skeeter's been through the tarp training before and was a rock star, but Copper hadn't been.  Last week, when I was inventing new and interesting ways to torture train them, I decided to spread out the tarp and feed them on it.  I secured the tarp to the fence and spread it out.  I knew it wasn't going to be a problem when Copper came over to help me.  He picked it up with his lips and backed right up.  He didn't care one iota about the rustling.

Since it looked like dumping the hay on the tarp wasn't going to be a problem, I decided to drag over the tub we've been using as a mounting block and put their food in a "bowl".

Skeeter was interested in the "bowl"
Copper had to head over to check it out, too.
Yeah, the tarp's not a problem.
If food is involved, not much is a problem.
My plan was to feed them under the tarp the next morning, like I did with Skeeter.  There was a problem with that plan, though.


There wasn't much tarp left to hang, and what was left was full of mud.

I think we can say that they are both appropriately desensitized to the tarp.

1 comment:

Achieve1dream said...

LOL!! Yep that's what happens when I leave a tarp in the pasture!