Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Copper Graduated!

I'm very late in posting this.  Very late.

On September 6th, Copper graduated out of the gentling pen.  It went beautifully.  Jay worked with him in the pen for a bit while I worked with Skeeter, then we just opened the gate and watched to see what would happen.



It was absolutely anti-climactic.  Skeeter took a few minutes to realize that Copper was really out of the pen and then they spent some time running about.  All in all, it was a pretty boring release day.  In fact, when my girls came to visit, Skeets and Copper acted like they'd been together forever.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Copper on starting to grow up!
(and, do you have triplets?? How on earth do you manage to fit in horse time?)

aurora said...

Beautiful Mustangs, nice that they are buddies now. Skeeter cracked me up, just trying to help ya out ma! Mine used to be like that with my camera. So cute how both horses are just hanging out by the little ones.

GunDiva said...

Tailsfromprovence, those are not my triplets. They're my best friend's. My kids are all grown and out of the house, which is why I have time for horses. Oh my gosh, aurora, Skeeter is so very helpful. I need a "go away" cue for her.

Jay got some great video on his phone, I'll have to figure out how to add it here.

Shirley said...

Boring is good! Looks like the beginning of a beautiful friendship.