Wednesday, October 3, 2012

How To Make Me Happy

Say fabulous, wonderful things like, "Don't worry, Estes is amazing, she does whatever GunDiva asks her to".

Boy, have we got College Boy fooled, but it was a nice compliment anyway and it made me all proud and smiley.

On Sunday, Compass decided to have a photographer/videographer come out and take some promotional shots for her website/facebook page.  Estes and I just tagged along behind everyone else, not really a part of the ride (especially since I was bareback and they don't really offer bareback rides to guests), but helping out where we could.

One of the areas we were able to help was with ponying the photog's horse while he was moving spots and setting up shots.  He had his camera set up and wanted to take some video of the horses' hooves as they crossed what little water we have.  He asked us to take the horses back and forth across the creek a couple of times "if it wasn't any problem".

That's when College Boy piped up and bragged on my horse for me.

Yep.  It still makes me smile that someone else thinks my horse is perfect, too.

9 comments:

Allenspark Lodge said...

She's a good dog. I wormed her this evening, and she did not pull her head back or look away or anything. But MAN, can she press her lips together!

Bill

GunDiva said...

No! Don't give her worms!

Why don't you try de-worming her instead?

I think she's gotten better with de-worming because of the bute paste we used early on in the season. Bute's not so bad if it makes you feel better.

Unknown said...

:) This made me happy! I love it when I receive compliments on Shy. It also makes me seem less delusional because she is perfect to me.

GunDiva said...

That's it exactly, Allison! I feel much less delusional.

Dreaming said...

We all know that our own horses are perfect... almost all of the time! :)))

Mrs. Mom said...

Her Royal Highness, The Queen Of All Creation, Madame Estes?

Why, Of COURSE she is perfect! ;) That mare ROCKS!

Unknown said...

It's tough to bear such weight of compliments, but you're doing great.

Momma Fargo said...

Well, duh. She has a perfect owner and rider, too. :)

Rachel said...

Totally echoing Mrs. Mom. She really does rock.

And if she makes you happy, she makes me happy too!